Toronto can be a climate leader, but we need strong voices at City Hall who can work to make sure our City’s response to the climate crisis meets the challenges ahead with the proper funding and resources needed. Paula is a climate leader at City Council and will continue to fight to:
- Fully fund the City’s TransformTO climate plan, so that we meet our goal to be net-zero by 2040
- Invest in programs and subsidies to help homeowners, condo and apartment buildings to make the needed retrofits to meet our climate goals
- Work with tenants to ensure landlords are responsible for maintaining livable temperatures in the summer months
- Invest in local green infrastructure projects at every scale to adapt to the ongoing challenge of climate change.
- Expand electric vehicle on-street charging stations
- Protect and expand our tree canopy